Member Service Representative - Lead
This position is committed to providing members the highest level of service available in an efficient and courteous manner. Assist management team in directing all aspects of the Branch's operational performance. Conduct member transactions. Proactively engage with members to identify products and services designed to assist them in achieving their financial goals. Answer questions, and direct members to appropriate department for specialized services.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Branch Management in coaching branch staff to meet or exceed all member service objectives.
- Assist with the security and internal audit procedures and policies while ensuring the safeguard of negotiable and non-negotiable items.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Proactively engage with members to identify products and services designed to assist them in Achieving their financial goals. Direct members to appropriate department for specialized
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy act, anti-money laundering, and Elder Financial Abuse laws appropriate to the position.
- Maintain knowledge of all Golden 1 products and services.
- Assist in the review, implementation and control of operational/lending policies and procedures. Train personnel in Golden 1 operation/lending policies and procedures
- Identify investigate and respond to member concerns by interacting with internal resources and following up with resolution.
- Follow up calls to members to answer questions, assist them with their financial products and service needs, and ensure member satisfaction.
- Conduct and/or process member transaction, following cash handling and check procedures.
- Oversees the proper performance of the Branch vault, ATM network, and Teller Cash Dispenser, and other relevant equipment as required.
- Assist Branch management and co-workers with additional projects or other branch tasks as needed.
- Will occasionally act in managers' absence with opening/closing procedures, over-rides, and other managerial tasks as required.
- Identify opportunities to improve operations and processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- May occasionally be requested to fill in at another branch locations.
- Assist other staff in completion of daily activities.
- May be required to become Notary Public and perform Notary services as needed.
- Completes Branch Lead Skills test successfully.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, including an adding machine and typewriter, if needed.
- INTERNAL: Branch and back office staff
- EXTERNAL: Members, non-members and peers in financial institutions.
- EDUCATION: Completed High School curriculum or GED. Some college courses desirable.
- EXPERIENCE: Two years or more Teller and/or retail experience. Previous experience working in a fast paced environment with cash handling experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated use of computer systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Member Relations skills.
- Knowledgeable of credit union rules, regulations and policies.
- Proven ability to achieve individual and branch objectives.
- Ability to display positive, outgoing, and empathetic attitude.
- Reliable work attendance.
- Professional (Verbal/Written Communication and Presence).
- Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends.
- Ability to use ten key, facsimile machine, cash handling, ATM machine, and other relevant equipment within the branch.
- Bilingual-English and Spanish communication skills desirable.
- Prolonged standing throughout the workday. A teller stool is provided as may be needed
- Ability to lift up to thirty pounds.
- Ability to frequently move about the branch to accomplish tasks.
- Corrected hearing within normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Corrected vision in the normal range.