Member Relationship Specialist
This position is committed to proactively engaging with members as a trusted advisor helping to achieve their financial goals in a consultative manner. You will work with branch leadership to consistently provide unmatched and exceptional member service. As a member advocate, you will work with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the organization to provide a seamless service experience. You are adept at listening and partnering with members to provide solutions that match their needs. This includes a proactive approach through outbound calling to members or to select employee groups for all products and services. Contact members in person or by phone. Assist with developing new member relationship, processing loan applications, and referrals for all appropriate financial services.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Develop plans to build long-term relationships with Golden 1 members. Evaluate effectiveness of products and services offered to members.
- Participate in the planning, organizing, and executing of product and service offerings in the branch in order to achieve operational objectives.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy act, anti-money laundering, and elder financial abuse laws appropriate to the position.
- Assess member needs while processing transactions. Identify opportunities to help members relative to Golden 1 product or service offerings.
- Identify, investigate and resolve members' concerns by referring to appropriate departments for further specialized attention. Maintain an appropriate level of communication and conduct necessary follow-up.
- Interview current and prospective members to identify current and future financial service needs. Gather information needed to establish relevant products and services. Ensure proper procedural compliance, accuracy, and authenticity of information and documents.
- Develop and groom positive member relationships through proactive communications (i.e. outbound calling, email, etc...).
- Develop and maintain communication with all departments relative to products and services updates, if any, ensuring current knowledge for offerings.
- Provide coaching and feedback to Member Service Representatives in assessing and fulfilling members' product and service needs, as required.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of Golden 1 policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Assist management and co-workers to facilitate the effectiveness of product and service offerings to ensure member satisfaction.
- Assist on teller line and other staff in completion of daily activities as needed May occasionally be requested to fill in at another branch location. May be required to become Notary Public and perform Notary services as needed.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, including an adding machine and typewriter, if needed.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Branch and back office staff
- EXTERNAL: Members, non-members and peers in financial institutions
- EDUCATION: Completed High School curriculum. College business courses desirable.
- EXPERIENCE: Two years previous retail experience interacting with customers in a production related environment.
- Previous experience meeting service objectives.
- Previous experience meeting and exceeding performance objectives.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Cash handling experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with members while achieving service and operational goals.
- Demonstrated use of computer systems.
- Solid knowledge of financial products and services offered by Golden 1.
- Positive, outgoing attitude.
- Reliable work attendance.
- Professional (Verbal/Written Communication and Presence).
- Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends.
- Bilingual and multilingual, a plus.
- Prolonged standing throughout the workday at times.
- Ability to lift up to thirty pounds.
- Ability to frequently move about the branch to accomplish tasks.
- Corrected hearing within normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Corrected vision in the normal range.