Communications & Community Relations Coordinator
The Communications & Community Relations Coordinator is a multi-talented planner who is able to juggle various responsibilities to assist in the smooth operations of the Communications & Community Relations department. This role is responsible for gathering, monitoring, tracking, reporting, and archiving key events within the Communications and Community Relations department. This role also provides administrative support as needed with various internal projects and external member and community experiences. This role is responsible for providing vital centralized support to ensure all events meet Golden 1's expectation of excellence.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Administer and maintain the reporting system for sponsorships, charitable donations, and other various projects. Responsible for the timely and accurate monthly reporting as well as creating ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Assist in annual budget planning and ongoing reconciliation for the department including, tracking monthly variance reports, managing payment of all invoices and check requests, etc.
- Support Golden 1's internal and external events, community outreach efforts, and employee giving campaigns serving as the lead when needed.
- Manage fulfillment of sponsor benefits and opportunities to maximize ROI from community event sponsorships.
- Assist as needed to ensure Golden 1's successful presence at Kings home games including setting up and tearing down the Golden 1 Louder Together booth, approving media, managing mascot interaction, and assisting senior staff as needed.
- Lead the procurement, storage, and distribution of promotional items as well as manage all Golden 1 Credit Union branded event equipment at corporate warehouse.
- Assist in the day-to-day general office operations of the department as directed by Management.
- Serve as back-up to monitor Golden 1's presence in local and national news feeds and provide daily consolidated reports.
- Cultivate relationships across the organization, in the community, and in the financial services industry to maintain goodwill and develop additional partnership opportunities.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to represent Golden 1 at community events.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management.
2. EXTERNAL: Members, Potential Members, Vendors, Community Leaders
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field preferred.
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year of corporate event planning, administrative duties, or brand ambassador experience.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Strong attention to detail and consistency. Familiar with relational databases, Microsoft Excel, and reporting best practices. Understanding of a professional office environment.
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
5. Work hours will include some evenings and weekends as needed to attend community events.