Dealer Relationship Manager - San Jose/Alameda County
With the Regional Production Manager's direction, this position is responsible for establishing, developing, and maintaining business relationships with The Golden 1 Credit Union's group of indirect auto dealerships. Ensure that the dealers are provided a market leading service relationship with an emphasis on increasing market share by enhancing dealership relationships with The Golden 1 Loan Officers and Lending Management. Maintain a working knowledge of Golden 1 products, programs, policies and procedures.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS
- Manage the following for assigned indirect auto dealerships.
- Dealer Agreements
i. Deliver and review new dealer agreements with assigned auto dealerships.
ii. Work directly with lending to maintain the dealer agreements including the collection of financials, changes in signers at the dealership, and being the go between for any other items requested by lending.
- Data mining
i. Consistently monitor dealership data via Auto Count, CUDL, or any other source provided by lending.
ii. Monthly reporting of the data as required by Lending Management.
- Dealership relationships
i. Maintain a consistent understanding of what each individual dealership requires from a service stand point.
ii. Keep up to date contact information for each individual dealership to include Owner/GM/GSM, best finance contact, and business manager for collateral management.
iii. Communicate with lending on what the best practice for servicing is for each individual dealership.
iv. Communicate with dealerships and internal staff in regards to market factors including but not limited to auto loan trends, competitors programs, and strategies to promote the mutual financial benefit for both The Golden 1 Credit Union and each individual dealer.
v. Assist with the planning and implementation of dealer relationship building events including but not limited to an annual golf tournament and dealer roundtables for assigned region. Business development events are a requirement and assigned by the Regional Production Manager or other senior leadership within the department.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to auto dealership and credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti money laundering laws.
- Maintain working knowledge of Golden 1 products, programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communications required to perform the duties outlined above.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate a portable laptop computer, fax machine, and telephone.
- Must possess the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS
- INTERNAL: Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Managers, Lending Staff, and Marketing Staff.
- EXTERNAL: Dealership contacts, other lender representatives, and vendor representatives.
- EDUCATION: At a minimum, Associates Degree in Business Management or Finance. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for the Associates Degree requirement.
- EXPERIENCE: 5 or more years of experience performing similar jobs in a financial institution
- 3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
- Ability to establish, retain and grow strong relationships.
- Ability to drive awareness and increase market share, identify growth opportunities.
- Travel within field assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management, peers as well as clients.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure agreements are presented in line with defined expectations.
- Collect and report information on competitive products and service offerings.
- Identify and report on competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment in job performance and in interpersonal relationships.
- Travel by car is required to visit dealerships in assigned regions.
- Travel by plane or other public conveyance is required to attend meetings at headquarters, assist in high volume times at headquarters, provide support at dealerships outside of assigned region, and attend conferences/training as deemed necessary by management.
- Overnight stays could be required for regions that require extended travel away from home base.
- Corrected hearing in the normal range required. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed
- Corrected vision in normal range.