Sup - Call Center
The supervisor plays a key role in the Golden 1 Credit Union's growth by managing and growing a team that provides first-rate member services via the Contact Center to diverse clients. The supervisor reports to the Contact Center Operations Manager and plays an important role in the Golden 1's strategy, business growth, and service delivery.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- LEADERSHIP: Lead a team of Contact Center Representatives in providing superior services to members of the Golden 1 Credit Union by: Creating a motivational atmosphere that leads by coaching, training, counseling, monitoring and positive feedback and/or evaluations. Supervising, appraising & documenting performance levels of employees; Ensuring that Contact Center Teams are multi-functional and effectively cross-trained in all Golden 1 products and services; Maintaining an effective & open working environment promoting teamwork & communication among team members supporting continuous improvement initiatives within the Golden 1's Contact Center; Administering, processing and maintaining staff payroll, personnel reports and management summary reports.
- MEMBER SERVICE/STRATEGIC PLANNING: Supervisor will partner with other Unit Supervisors as well as their Team Members to develop long and short-range plans designed to: Enhance/improve
volume sales,services goals and call center volume through development of strategic initiatives; Induce completion of planned work tasks and assist with the implementation of Contact Center improvement plans; Foster teamwork and leverage a strong member support network with other Golden 1 Departments and Branches; Communicate Contact Center Volume and Performance standards so that teams clearly understand and are actively involved in developing initiatives to achieve those standards; Implement and ensure departmental compliance with established security, internal audit, governmental regulations, and credit union policies and procedures; Research, analyze, identify alternatives, and recommend improvements for operational efficiency. Update and maintain department procedure manuals. Complete Regulatory Training Modules as required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to train and evaluate staff and constructively follow-up on member inquiries and concerns.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, including a typewriter, a financial calculator, personal computer, facsimile machine, telephone, and typewriter, if needed.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS
- INTERNAL: Branch, Department, IT and staff.
- EXTERNAL: Vendors, credit unions, and other industry related associations.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- EXPERIENCE: Three or more years of progressively responsible experience in a member service / customer service environment or equivalent and one year or more of supervisory experience in a similar environment.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Strong oral and written communications skills, current knowledge of The Golden 1 products, services, policies, and procedures, member relations, electronic banking equipment, credit union rules, regulations and sound working knowledge of the methods and principles of sound business practices
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday on the telephone to accomplish tasks.
- Hearing in the normal range is required. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Corrected vision in the normal range is required to read on-line computer screens and prepare required documentation.