Manager - Talent Acquisition
Responsible for all aspects of the recruiting process. Source and recruit top tier talent in new and creative ways while ensuring a smooth and positive candidate selection, hiring, and on-boarding experience. Identify diverse top level talent through aggressive sourcing methods which include internet research, social media, networking, direct sourcing, employee referrals, advertisements, career events, associations, and other sources that align with the organization's culture, mission, vision and core values. Maintain knowledge of the most current recruiting practices and trends.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Execute recruiting plans and all hiring efforts to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of the organization for staffing. Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle, including initial assessments, interviews, and offers to deliver best talent; support the company's growth and business objectives by promoting Golden 1 as an employer of choice.
- Develop effective and efficient recruitment strategies to launch and manage all staffing initiatives. This may include job posting optimization, recruiting marketing channel development, job board procurement, use of social media, internet sourcing, other digital and non-digital employment marketing methods, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning, talent planning, etc.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff as a subject matter expert, mentor, and innovative problem solver and model of effective teamwork. Identify and promote development opportunities for direct reports.
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
- Provide counsel and guidance to hiring managers to assess workforce planning needs, define job requirements, determine applicant requirements and job qualifications; work with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
- Build applicant pool by networking through industry contacts, association memberships and employees to nurture relationships with prospective talent. Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Create and implement employment marketing strategies to attract passive job seekers.
- Develop relationships with third party recruitment agencies and staffing firms and manage the procurement and measurement process. Develop diversity initiatives and foster partnerships with community based organizations to expand the organization's diversity outreach and objectives.
- Ensure recruiting policies and practices comply with laws and regulations including but not limited to EEO, FCRA, and ADA.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Oversee and/or conduct New Hire Orientation. Participate in or lead projects related to recruiting.
- Hire management level staff and corporate executives.
- Prepare at minimum monthly reports and metrics on recruiting activity.
- Perform other duties as required.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management.
- EXTERNAL: Recruiting associations, professional and community organizations, vendors, and consultants.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum 7 years full--life cycle recruiting experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing other employees.
- Experience working with applicant tracking (ATS) systems.
- Passion for recruiting.
- Advanced knowledge of recruiting techniques to identify qualified candidates.
- Experience using Applicant Tracking software.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations that impact employment, including EEO, FCRA, and ADA.
- Ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to multi-task or shift priorities to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical, reporting and project management skills;
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Commitment to self-improvement and ability to coach, mentor and develop team members.
- Combined sitting, standing, and moving throughout the day to perform work-related functions.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. as may be required.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Minimal travel, some possibly overnight.
PHR/SPHR certification preferred.