Regional Dealer Relationship Manager
This position is responsible for leading a market team in establishing, developing, and maintaining business relationships with The Golden 1 Credit Union's group of indirect auto dealerships. Ensure that the dealers are provided a market leading service relationship with an emphasis on increasing market share by enhancing dealership relationships with The Golden 1 Loan Officers and Lending Management. Maintain a working knowledge of Golden 1 products, programs, policies and procedures.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the following for assigned Dealer Relationship Managers and individually assigned indirect auto dealerships:
a. Dealer Agreements
i. Ensure the assigned team delivers and reviews new dealer agreements with assigned auto dealerships.
ii. Work directly with lending and assigned team to maintain the dealer agreements including the collection of financials, changes in signers at the dealership, and being the go between for any other items requested by lending.
b. Data mining
i. Consistently monitor dealership data via Auto Count, CUDL, or any other source provided by lending.
ii. Monthly reporting of the data as required by Lending Management.
c. Dealership relationships
i. Maintain a consistent understanding of what each individual dealership and Dealer Relationship Manager market requires from a service stand point.
ii. Keep up to date contact information for each individual dealership to include Owner/GM/GSM, best finance contact, and business manager for collateral management.
iii. Communicate with lending on what the best practice for servicing is for each individual dealership and Dealer Relationship Manager markets.
iv. Communicate with dealerships, Dealer Relationship Managers direct reports and internal staff in regards to market factors including but not limited to auto loan trends, competitors programs, and strategies to promote the mutual financial benefit for both The Golden 1 Credit Union and each individual dealer.
v. Assist Dealer Relationship Managers with the planning and implementation of dealer relationship building events including but not limited to an annual golf tournament and dealer roundtables for assigned region.
d. Field Visits
i. Conduct at least two monthly in-market visits with each assigned dealer relationship manager
ii. Complete market visit evaluation form, monthly for each assigned dealer relationship manager
2. Prepare high level presentations including but not limited to; outlining lending program enhancements, specific market trends and dealer relationship manager performance at the request of senior lending leadership
3. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
4. Facillitate monthly conference calls with their team
5. Host quarterly regional production meetings
6. Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
7. Maintain working knowledge of Golden 1 products, programs, policies and procedures
8. Perform other tasks that may be assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to perform the duties outlined above.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management.
- EXTERNAL: Dealership contacts, other lender representatives, and vendor representatives.
- EDUCATION: At a minimum, Associates Degree in Business Management or Finance. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for the Associates Degree requirement.
- EXPERIENCE: 7 or more years of experience as a Dealer Relationship Manager at a financial institution and 5 or more years of managerial experience.
- Display leadership and team management skills and traits.
- Ability to establish, retain and grow strong relationships.
- Ability to drive awareness and increase market share, identify growth opportunities.
- Travel within field assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management, peers as well as clients.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ensure agreements are presented in line with defined expectations.
- Collect and report information on competitive products and service offerings.
- Identify and report on competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment in job performance and in interpersonal relationships.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Overnight stays could be required for regions that require extended travel away from home base.
- Travel by car is required to visit dealerships in assigned regions.
- Travel by plane or other public conveyance is required to attend meetings at headquarters, provide support at dealerships outside of assigned region, and attend conferences/training as deemed necessary by management.