Branch Operations Manager IV
The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the Branch Manager in delivering an exceptional member experience by leading and developing a team of individuals focused on service excellence. Manages, directs and supervises branch Member Service Representatives. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures and efficiency in the processing of member transactions.
Branch Operations Manager levels vary depending upon a variety of factors related to branch peer group, staffing and level of responsibilities.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through words and actions, , aligning employee engagement with Golden 1's mission, vision and core values.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of employee roles and responsibilities in order to serve as an effective leader, role model, and coach.
- Coach, develop and manage staff performance to meet or exceed all member service objectives.
- Assists the Branch Manager with human resource processes for all direct reports, including appraisals, disciplinary actions, individual development plan, career development, training, interviews, etc.
- Train and coach employees on sound operational and compliance requirements across all areas of the branch.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of financial industry rules, regulations and sound methods and practices.
- Implement, maintain, and inspect security procedures, operational reports, control logs, audits, and certifications in compliance with all current regulatory requirements.
- Identify, investigate and respond to member concerns.
- Lead and coordinate service promotion activities, which include outbound calls, special service days and outside marketing efforts as needed and directed.
- Develop and implement strategies to capitalize on opportunities, highlight the benefit of our products and services over that of our competitor's, and support overall credit union member services, promotions and member service objectives and expectations.
- Assist Branch Manager in marketing the Credit Union to outside potential fields of membership in their specific field and location.
- Manage relationships between the branch and the Member Solutions Team, the Member Service Contact Center, Mortgage Lending, Consumer Lending, Online Banking, and Financial Services partners to ensure collaboration in meeting shared company objectives.
- Monitor all internal policy and procedure controls to safeguard the funds and assets of Golden 1.
- Proactively identify any potential issues keeping the branch from providing exceptional member service and collaborate on solutions with the Branch Manager.
- Provide recommendations, as needed, to more efficiently meet the financial needs of the members visiting the branch.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy act, anti-money laundering, and elder financial abuse laws appropriate to the position.
- Assist with staffing in other areas within the branch as needed.
- Create and maintain staff scheduling that aligns with meeting branch member service demands.
- Perform Notary Public services as needed.
- Ensure that the physical maintenance and overall appearance of the branch facility is satisfactorily maintained at all times.
- Successful completion of required curriculum as appropriate to role.
- May occasionally be requested to fill in at another branch location.
- Travel to meetings by car or public conveyance.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to ensure an exceptional member experience at the branch.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an online computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All branches, support departments and administrative management and staff
- EXTERNAL: Members, vendors, peers in financial institutions, community associations and credit union associations
- EDUCATION: Completion of high school curriculum. Associate of Arts Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Human Resources or equivalent work experience desired.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience within a retail environment or financial institution.
- Knowledge of California Credit Union Law and Regulations.
- Comfortable with and willingness to learn and master new and emerging banking technologies.
- Knowledge of sound practice of business administration.
- Knowledgeable of electronic banking equipment, video security systems, electronic fund transfer technology, and office automation equipment.
- Flexible employee coaching skills to meet individual employee needs.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to meet and/or exceed individual service objectives.
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate employees to exceed member service objectives.
- Solid knowledge of financial concepts and products and services offered by Golden 1.
- Demonstrate positive, professional, and engaging communication skills.
- Must be able to frequently move about the branch.
- Must sit or stand for prolonged periods at times.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. as may be required.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Extended or long work hours may be required to accomplish tasks.
- Occasional travel required for attendance at meetings and/or training.