Senior Home Loan Funder
This position has the opportunity to be remote in California.
The function of this position is to complete the mortgage loan application process by funding the loan including Conventional and FHA purchase and refinance transactions as well as equity loans and lines of credit.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Review signed/executed documents for accuracy and completeness in relation to underwriting/funding conditions.
- Review and sign off prior to funding conditions.
- Organize and prioritize executed documents/loans for funding process.
- Fund loans according to credit union/agency policy and procedures.
- Prepare final Closing Disclosure in accordance with RESPA/TILA and ensure 100% accuracy of information and fees.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including BSA, RESPA, TILA and AML laws appropriate to the position.
- Communicate and interact with closing agents, vendors, staff and members.
- Monitor and resolve any quality control issues on relevant loan files.
- Implement procedures to prioritize work within the funding area as volume increases and decreases.
- Assist in the performance of the Doc Drawing function as needed.
- Perform functions in accordance with Golden 1's performance competency standards.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with members, staff, branches, counties, title companies, vendors, servicing and investor staff.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Management and above, accounting department, Home Loan staff.
- EXTERNAL: Members, title companies, escrow agents, real estate agents, Document preparation companies, insurance companies, credit union branches and their staff, investors, servicing agents and others.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of high school or equivalent is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Three-to-Five years of responsible real estate lending experience within a financial and/or mortgage banking institution with particular emphasis on document drawing, and funding.
- Strong customer/member relation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain knowledge of real estate industry, knowledge of G1 loan programs, knowledge of FNMA and Investor requirements appropriate for position as well as G1policies and procedures.
- Attend training provided through seminars, webinars and weekly coaching as compliance, policies/procedures, or work processes dictate change.
- Ability to effectively communicate policy/procedure to staff to assist supervisor and/or manager with training.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. as may be required.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Heavy telephone volume and computer usage.
- Ability to adhere to company established standards for mortgage volume and turn time expectations.