Senior Home Loan Doc Drawer
The function of this position is to prepare loan documents for all 1st mortgage loans, equity lines of credit and fixed equity loans in accordance with compliance and quality assurance guidelines.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Reconcile all settlement fees and documented verifications from all sources.
- Manage approval document expiration dates, verification of employment requirements, prior to doc conditions, and specific timing related funding conditions.
- Follow and maintain compliance to TRID guidelines and timing requirements on all assigned files.
- Manage the delivery of initial Closing Disclosures and re-disclosures through signing.
- Assist Management with training newly boarded Doc Drawers; including 2nd file reviews on all files.
- Draw accurate loan documents using the terms and conditions as specified on the Underwriting Approval and in accordance with specific product and document requirements.
- Review and verify lock information and final fee sheet for accuracy of data.
- Run compliance tests to ensure loan passes all appropriate regulations.
- Review loan for compliance with RESPA, RESPA tolerances, TILA and MDIA.
- Review prepared documents for accuracy prior to documents being forwarded to title/escrow or branch location for member signatures.
- Ensure timeliness of loan documents to meet G1's turn times, minimum production levels established for position and minimum required quality of loan documents.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including TRID, BSA, RESPA, TILA and AML laws appropriate to the position.
- Maintain a high level of communication with Home Loan Advisors, internal staff and closing agents, and members as needed.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of mortgage industry and credit union standards and trends.
- Monitor and resolve any quality control issues on relevant loan files.
- Implement procedures to prioritize work within the doc drawing area as volume increases and decreases.
- Perform functions in accordance with Golden 1's performance competency standards.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with members, internal staff, closing agents and vendors.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Branch staff, Home Loans staff and various other Departments located at Corporate Headquarters.
- EXTERNAL: Members, title companies, escrow agents, sub-escrow agents and various vendors
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of high school or equivalent is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Three to five years of responsible doc drawing experience within a financial and/or mortgage banking institution.
- Strong customer/member relation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Maintain knowledge of real estate industry, knowledge of G1 loan programs, knowledge of FNMA and Investor requirements appropriate for position as well as G1 policies and procedures.
- Attend training provided through seminars, webinars and weekly coaching as compliance, policies/procedures, or work processes dictate change.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. as may be required.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Ability to adhere to company established standards for mortgage volume and turn time expectations.