Home Loan Senior Processor
Organize, and execute processes related to 1st mortgage and equity loans. Effectively manage a pipeline of mixed product types including: conventional, FHA and jumbo products, purchase and refinance transactions, owner-occupied, 2nd home and investment loan types including manufactured housing and condominiums. Partner with the internal and external Home Loan Advisors to ensure accurate, efficient and timely loan processing.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate and communicate information with Members, Home Loan Advisors, and Vendors for loan transaction as it relates to loan processing.
- Coordinate the ordering of all title reports, flood certificates, FHA case numbers, CAVIRS, LDP/GSA and follow up on appraisal orders. Review all documentation received for accuracy and determine if additional research or documentation is required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including BSA, RESPA, TILA, TRID and AML laws appropriate to the position.
- Review and calculate income, including tax returns, and funds verification (assets) from documentation received in accordance with investor guidelines as well as Golden 1's policies/procedures and update the LOS (Loan Origination System) accordingly.
- Read and interpret Desktop Underwriter (DU) findings. Rerun/Update DU with all updated calculations, appraised value, available funds prior to final approval submission to underwriting, ensuring both DU and the LOS systems match the documentation in file.
- Review and evaluate credit documentation for compliance with investor & Golden 1's policies.
- Prepare and process general correspondence and document exchange updating LOS (Loan Origination System) with all details for complete tracking purposes.
- Manage pipeline to meet a) G1 service levels including turn times and customer service scores, b) minimum efficiency levels established for position and c) minimum required loan quality.
- Complete Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) information.
- Maintain and respond to quality control issues.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of FNMA, FHA, G1CU equity products and related investor guidelines.
- Perform functions in accordance with Golden 1's performance competency standards.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with members and vendor company staff on the telephone and to perform other clerical functions.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Home Loan staff, Branch staff and various other staff at Corporate Headquarters.
- EXTERNAL: Title companies, appraisers, realtors, buyers, sellers, members, government agencies and various other vendors
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is preferred. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a High School diploma.
- EXPERIENCE: Five years or more experience in a financial institution processing Home loans handling routine to complex processes. Recent experience processing FHA loans is required.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Maintain knowledge of real estate industry Golden 1's policies/procedures & guidelines, and various investor guidelines, including Fannie Mae and FHA.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong member relation skills.
- Accuracy in calculating income related loan transactions.
- Ability to manage high volume telephone contact. Attend training provided through seminars, webinars and weekly coaching as compliance, policies/procedures, or work processes dictate.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Heavy telephone volume. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Ability to adhere to company established standards for mortgage volume and turn time expectation.