Home Loan Post Closer
The function of this position is to review closed loan files for documentation accuracy; and ensure closed loans are properly setup and shipped to Investors, Agencies, GSEs and/or sub-servicer for either loan purchase, insuring or servicing on a timely basis to meet commitment expiration or file delivery deadlines. In addition, ensure that loan files are purchased timely and accurately.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Assign sub-servicer loan numbers to funded 1st mortgage loans.
- Complete MERs registration on funded 1st mortgage loans.
- Link mortgage loans in Teller navigator to member's accounts for on-line viewing and access.
- Complete MI documentation to setup Mortgage Insurance.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with members, staff, branches, counties, title companies, servicing, investor staff, vendors and other department staff.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Credit Union management and all levels of staff.
- EXTERNAL: Members, title companies, escrow agents, real estate agents, credit reporting agencies, mortgage insurance companies, branches, Investors, GSEs, Agencies, and others as needed.
- EDUCATION: Associate of Arts degree in Business or Finance is required. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for college degree.
- EXPERIENCE: Three or more years of responsible mortgage lending experience within a Post-Closing department of a mortgage/financial institution.
- Strong member relation skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to use logical reasoning, make objective observations, evaluations and recommendations
- Innovative with high- initiative in all activities
- Knowledge of Secondary market guidelines related to loan delivery and purchasing
- Maintain knowledge of mortgage industry and knowledge of G1 loan programs
- Attend training provided through seminars, webinars and weekly coaching as compliance, policies/procedures, or work processes dictate change
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required
2. Corrected vision within the normal range
3. Heavy telephone volume and computer usage
4. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
5. Ability to lift 15 lbs. as may be required
6. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
7. Unusually long work hours may be required to accomplish tasks
8. Ability to adhere to company established standards for mortgage volume and delivery and purchase turn time expectations.
1) A valid California driver's license and a clear driving record are required.