Member Service Representative I
This position is concerned with providing members the highest level of service available in an efficient and courteous manner. Process monetary transactions within assigned limits, maintain accurate records and balance each day's transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures. Proactively engage with members to identify products and services designed to assist them in achieving their financial goals. Answer questions, and direct members to appropriate department for specialized services.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Communicate and interact with member to identify their financial needs and offer solutions, or refer member to appropriate area.
2. Process and audit financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments and general ledger entries while maintaining a cash drawer.
3. Provide Golden 1 services to member, including but not limited to money orders, travelers cheques, savings bonds, wire transfers and Quick Cash transactions.
4. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
5. Identify, investigate, and respond to member concerns by interacting with internal resources and follow up with resolution.
6. Identify and report fraudulent activity to management to prevent potential loss to the credit union
7. Maintain current knowledge of all Golden 1 products and services, as well as of policies and procedures for teller functions.
8. Assist in the proper operation of the ATM and Teller Cash Dispatch Units including, but not limited to, loading cash, replacing receipt cartridge, clearing a blockage, etc.
9. Successful completion of Teller Skills Test is required.
10. May occasionally be requested to fill in at another branch location.
11. Assist other staff in completion of daily activities.
Note: Promotion to MSR II requires successful completion of applicable Skills Test.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, including an adding machine and typewriter, if needed.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: Branch and back office staff
2. EXTERNAL: Members, non-members and peers in financial institutions.
1. EDUCATION: Completed High School curriculum or GED.
2. EXPERIENCE: One year in a Teller and/or retail experience. Cash handling a plus.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: ï‚·
- Demonstrated use of computer systems. ï‚·
- Ability to work as part of a team. ï‚·
- Member Relations skills. ï‚·
- Knowledgeable of credit union rules, regulations and policies. ï‚·
- Ability to achieve individual and branch goals. ï‚·
- Ability to display positive, outgoing, and empathetic attitude. ï‚·
- Reliable work attendance. ï‚·
- Professional (Verbal/Written Communication and Presence). ï‚·
- Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends. ï‚·
- High School level match skills, ten key, facsimile machine, MCAT and NCR encoders, cash handling, ATM machine. ï‚·
- Bilingual-English and Spanish communication skills desirable.
a) Prolonged standing throughout the workday. A teller stool is provided as may be needed
b) Ability to lift up to thirty pounds..
c) Ability to frequently move about the branch to accomplish tasks. d) Corrected hearing within normal range. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. e) Corrected vision in the normal range
Career FamilyBranch Channel Delivery
A Career You Can Be Proud OfAs the leading credit union in California, and the sixth largest credit union in the United States serving more than 1 million members—our employees are vital to our success. We’re a dynamic, innovative, and caring organization that has put members first since 1933 by delivering value, convenience, and exceptional service. We have more than 1,800 employees, and we offer talented and hard-working individuals competitive compensation and benefits, along with opportunities for professional development and advancement. Take the next step in moving your career forward and view our current openings, including corporate positions at our headquarters in Sacramento, California.
Financial Investigation Specialist GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Utilize manual and automated processes to detect, verify an…
Financial Investigations Specialist GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Utilize manual and automated processes to detect, verify …
Member Relationship Specialist This position is committed to proactively engaging with members as a trusted adv…
Memeber Relationship Specialist This position is committed to proactively engaging with members as a trusted adv…