Card Operations Technician II
To support the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Credit Union by performing assigned duties and activities related to the department of Card Operations. Communicates and interacts with members, staff, vendors and merchants to provide assistance on all card related issues. Performs one or more accounting/bookkeeping functions, settlement functions and new account functions for the credit and debit card portfolios to ensure accurate, efficient and timely financial reporting. Provide responses/solutions to all card and ATM related procedures.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Perform general accounting, posting, reconciliation and ledger maintenance on various accounts to ensure timely balancing within guidelines.
- Process daily settlement.
- Review outstanding items from balanced reports and research, resolve and clear items timely.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Maintain source and support documents in an organized manner.
- Alert management to high volume or suspicious activity within reconciliation accounts.
- Identify, investigate and resolve member complaints or concerns.
- Prepare and monitor correspondence to/from various financial institutions regarding outstanding reconciliation items.
- Communicate verbally with appropriate financial institutions/vendors and internal departments within Golden 1 regarding outstanding reconciliation items.
- Maintain current procedure manuals for desk duty functions
- Provide responses/solutions to internal/external members for card related products and issues.
- Process researches submitted by internal/external members while ensuring department service level agreements are being met.
- Process and balance daily card transactions following policy and procedures.
- Preform card/account maintenance.
- Review and process various reports accordingly.
- Research and reconcile any and all ATM cash out balancing.
- Research and reconcile Gift Card activity.
- Record Journal entries to ensure proper classification of entries.
- Process daily card adjustments
- Process and reconcile daily ATM/POS network adjustments, errors, and resolutions.
- Process and reconcile shared branch transactions
- Process and reconcile foreign ATM adjustments
- Communicate with vendors, other financial institutions on a regular basis.
- Use multiple applications to provide information regarding card activity.
- Monitor and comply with all established security, internal audit and government policies, regulations and right of privacy.
- Accept incoming branch, department and membership calls.
- Process and respond to incoming department daily mail and online research.
- Update notes and informational tools as appropriate.
- Process new and reissue card and pin request.
- Process and destroy returned cards in dual control.
- Process statement request
- Any other duties assigned as needed to maintain daily operations.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
- Hand-eye coordination required reading, posting, and settling numerous complex general ledger accounts.
- Makes sound decisions in the absence of detailed instructions.
- Plans and organizes with little or no assistance and requires minimum supervision.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Accounting, Collections, Loan Servicing, Branch Staff, Records, Checking, Item Processing, IT, Account Services and Member Services.
- EXTERNAL: Members, Financial Institutions, vendors.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is required.
- EXPERIENCE: One year or more experience at a financial institution preferred.
- Strong personal computer skills (Word/Excel)
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Professional member relationship skills & telephone etiquette
Personal computer skills
Ability to work as part of a team
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.