Centralized Complaints Specialist
Under the direction of the Manager, Member Retail Experience, this position is responsible for ensuring the timely resolution of internal and external member complaints. Retrieve and review open complaint cases, update/complete missing data, research, and compile supporting documents. Determine the best course of action and create appropriate response, obtain approval, deliver response, and manage case lifecycle. Identify operational improvement opportunities, identify potential regulatory concerns, and develop process improvement recommendations. Assist the Retail team in capturing the member's voice and service recovery efforts.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure all complaints (verbal and written) are properly handled from intake through resolution.
2. Review, research, and compile supporting documentation for all open complaints from applicable sources/applications/systems.
3. Identify operational improvement opportunities that may result in the development or changes to training, policy and procedures, and process.
4. Identify potential regulatory concerns, and develop process improvement recommendations.
5. Monitor and manage all cases within complaint management system to ensure appropriate classification and SLA expectations are met.
6. Review all complaints to identify incomplete cases with missing data; correct incomplete cases accordingly.
7. Determine proper classification and type of response, and create appropriate responses for all complaints, both verbal and written.
8. Adheres to established approval process. Obtains appropriate approvals and delivers timely responses to internal and external customers.
9. Responsible for inbound/outbound calls from/to internal and external customers to ensure complaints are resolved appropriately.
10. Maintain confidentiality of documentation and communications from and to consumers related to complaints or complaint resolution.
11. Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
12. Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of state and federal compliance laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to read, post, and handle complex computer programs and reports.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff.
2. EXTERNAL: Members and authorized third parties.
1. EDUCATION: Associates degree (AA/AS) preferred. May be considered if individual demonstrates skill level appropriate for the position.
2. EXPERIENCE: Three years or more related experience within disciplines as noted above with emphasis on consumer financial protection regulations, state and federal laws, complaint resolution and/or problem solving. Banking, Credit Union, or other financial services industry experience required.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Strong writing skills and oral communication skills. Strong analytical and comprehensive skills. Ability to work well with others in a dynamic team environment. Ability to work independently, multi-task effectively and meet deadlines with limited supervision. Ability to develop and communicate recommendations for improvement opportunities and influence positive outcomes. Strong foundation in credit union philosophy, member service and member experience. Strong knowledge of state and federal compliance laws, rules, regulations, and procedures. Strong personal computer skills with systems applications (Microsoft Office: Excel & Word, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, etc.).
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Ability to lift 15 lbs. as may be required.
5. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.