Member Care Representative
Communicates and interacts with members for the prompt resolution of delinquent and negative accounts to minimize The Golden 1 non-performing asset accounts.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Place and receive a high volume of inbound and outbound calls in effort to negotiate re-payment plans for past due and negative accounts.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve delinquent and negative account activity.
- Accept incoming telephone inquiries for the resolution of delinquent accounts from branches, members, and other credit union staff.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Communicate and interact with the Golden 1 staff to gather information for resolution of delinquent accounts.
- Prepare and process all pertinent documentation necessary to resolve delinquent accounts.
- Review Credit Union records and transactions to resolve misapplied payments, researching account transactions to ensure that payments are properly credited. Evaluate payments (regular and irregular) being made on delinquent accounts and determine how the payment will be applied; i.e., principal, interest, escrow, and late charges, or possibly return payment if foreclosure proceedings have been initiated or payment is unacceptable.
- General knowledge of repossessions from assignment through insurance claims, if warranted, and disposal/deficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Compliance with credit union policies, Fair Debt Collection Practices, and other applicable rules and regulations related to Collections.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with members and provide constructive follow-up on delinquent accounts.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Branch management, staff, Payroll Deduction, Electronic Services, Centralized Lending, Records Management, and Compliance and Risk Management.
- EXTERNAL: Members, law enforcement agencies, judicial departments, peer collectors, or groups that will result in resolution of delinquent accounts.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Six months up to 1 year performing general collection duties in a collection environment.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Strong oral and written communication skills, facsimile machine, ten key, microfiche, electronic banking equipment, Visa terminal, credit union and collection rules, regulations, and policies.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- High volume of telephone communication throughout the workday.