This position is primarily responsible for understanding the functional aspects of the credit union's consumer and mortgage loan origination and collection management systems. Provides support for the respective business areas with regard to researching system features and configurations that will enhance their processes and workflows within the systems. Helps bridge the gaps between the business areas and the technical support team through knowledge of the systems to meet the business needs. Works closely with the Applications Analysts to ensure system changes and updates are implemented appropriately.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the functional aspects of the systems within this role's scope of responsibility. Be able to translate the business needs into potential system changes and/or enabling features or options within those systems.
- Consults with subject matter experts within the business areas to determine system changes based on business needs. May make recommendations to address specific business rules or workflow improvements.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
- Document current system settings and manage a library of proposed changes, test results and implementation dates. Coordinate with business areas and Applications Analysts to schedule system changes in accordance with credit union change control policies and resource availability.
- Assist business areas in defining and developing test scripts to ensure quality assurance results meet or exceed standard practices. Perform system tests and document results that will be shared with the business areas.
- Review upcoming features and enhancements provided by vendors, analyze any impacts and prepare a roadmap for future planning and resource scheduling.
- Act as liaison with the vendors to identify upcoming changes and potential impacts to other systems. Coordinate with the Applications Analysts to address changes needed on any third-party interfacing systems.
- May be required to attend project meetings where the systems within this role's responsibility are impacted by the project. Communicate details to the appropriate technical teams.
- Provide system documentation of changes that can be used in the development of training materials. May occasionally conduct small training sessions with the business areas to transfer knowledge of expected system behavior.
- Maintain vendor relationships and perform other duties, as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with credit union staff and management, and complete technical analysis. Makes sound decisions in the absence of detailed instructions.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management.
- EXTERNAL: Vendors, suppliers, government agencies, other industry associations and peers at other financial institutions.
- EDUCATION: Minimum two-year degree in Information Technology, Project Management or Business Administration required. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Management or related field preferred. Additional and equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a 2 year degree.
- Four years or more experience in financial services, including technical business analysis, product development and process improvement experience.
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to gather clear business requirements.
- Proven ability to develop, document and maintain operational policies and procedures, including the designing and documenting detailed technical process flows, and the development of operational performance and quality metric standards and reports.
- Experience with the credit union's enterprise applications, such as Account Processing and Loan Origination Systems is needed.
- Knowledge of commonly used financial industry concepts, practices and guidelines.
- Knowledge of existing credit union products, services and overall operational guidelines, especially as it relates to various delivery channels.
- Excellent oral communication, presentation and technical writing skills.
- Strong research, technical analysis, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to use logical reasoning when interpreting facts.
- Experience with large, medium and small systems, as well as the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to analyze and document complex technical business processes.
- Ability to make objective observations, examinations, evaluations and recommendations.
- Ability to execute projects and direct team members to implement system upgrades and enhancements.
- Strong PC skills.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. as may be required.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks.
- Occasional travel may be required locally, statewide, and throughout the United States to attend seminars and vendor group meetings. Overnight travel and evening schedules included.
- Occasionally required to change work hours including working on weekends to accomplish tasks.
- Occasionally required to work long hours to accomplish tasks.