Home Loan Equity Processor
Organize and execute processes related to equity loans.. Effective pipeline management. Partner with the internal and external Home Loan Advisors to ensure accurate, efficient and timely loan processing.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate and communicate information with Member, Home Loan Advisors and vendors for loan transactions.
- Coordinate the ordering of all title reports and follow up on appraisal orders. Review all documentation received for accuracy and determine if additional research or documentation is required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including BSA, RESPA, TILA, TRID and AML laws appropriate to the position..
- Review and calculate income, including tax returns and funds verification (assets) from documentation received in accordance with Golden 1's policies/procedures and update the LOS (Loan Origination System) accordingly.
- Prepare and process equity loans and lines in accordance with internal policies and procedures as well as regulations related to Equity Lending.
- Review and evaluate credit documentation for compliance with Golden 1's policies.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of rules and regulations regarding equity lending.
- Complete Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) information to include auditing information on closed out files to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain and respond to quality control issues.
- Perform functions in accordance with Golden 1's performance competency standards.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with members and vendor company staff on the telephone, to produce monthly reports, and to perform other clerical functions.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: Home Loan staff, Branch staff and various other staff at Corporate Headquarters.
- EXTERNAL: Title companies, appraisers, members, government agencies and various other vendors.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is preferred. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a High School diploma.
- EXPERIENCE: Twoyears in a financial institution. Mortgage lending experience preferred. .
- Maintain knowledge of real estate industry and Golden 1's policies/procedures & guidelines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong member relation skills
- Ability to manage high volume telephone contact
- Attend training provided through seminars, webinars and weekly coaching as compliance, policies/procedures, or work processes dictate.
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Heavy telephone volume. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.