Direct Loan Processor
The Direct Loan Processor is responsible for the fulfillment operations of new consumer loan applications originating through the direct lending channels. Engages in interactions that ensure Golden 1 members encounter a positive experience beginning from loan application through finalization and funding. This position corresponds effectively and professionally with Golden 1 members via Web messages, e-mail, and phone.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
2. Foster a positive and engaging work environment by inspiring others through words and actions and embracing our mission, vision, and core values.
3. Conduct member interviews and gather information to satisfy loan conditions in order to determine suitability for loan funding. Prepare loan documents and send to member for signing; prepare approved loans for disbursement to members accordingly.
4. Audit various operational documents, including executed loan documents, and reports to ensure proper procedural compliance, accuracy and authenticity.
5. Meet performance standards comparable to grade level in funded loan and/or e-mail volume, and phone efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
6. Perform support functions such as e-mail correspondence, consumer loan fulfillment, audit, call escalations, or other.
7. Maintain a working knowledge of Golden 1 lending policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
8. Results oriented including a willingness to take on any task required to meet or exceed team goals and objectives.
9. Perform financial analysis of personal and corporate tax returns and applicable schedules, 4506T forms, W-2s, and pay stubs.
10. Ability to identify potential fraud, suspicious activity, and identity theft.
11. Perform other tasks as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to assist other staff and to constructively follow-up on member inquiries and concerns.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: Supervisors, branch staff, back office staff, peers, and all levels of leadership.
2. EXTERNAL: Members and dealerships.
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is preferred. Additional work experience may be considered in lieu of a High School Diploma.
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years or more experience at a financial institution providing customer service and support. Consumer loan processing experience preferred.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Golden 1 products and Services and its policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to produce results in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with members while achieving service and strategic goals.
- Demonstrated use of computer systems.
- Solid knowledge of financial products and services offered by Golden 1.
- Positive, outgoing attitude.
- Reliable work attendance.
- Professional communication (Verbal/Written Communication).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong and effective business writing skills.
- Ability to work a schedule that includes weekends and some holidays.
- Bilingual and multilingual, a plus.
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Ability to lift 15 lbs. as may be required.
5. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.