Manager - Home Loan Processing
Manage the mortgage processing functions for the Home Loans Operations Department. Manage the Loan Processors to ensure that all mortgage loans are processed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner with a focus on providing exceptional service to our members, staff and third party participants. Work closely with the Senior Manager, Home Loans Production to provide market leading service and turn times on all mortgage applications.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversee all processing functions within Home Loans on all mortgage products including 1stmortgages, home equity loans and home equity lines of credit.
2. Develop, manage and maintain work flows for all stages of the mortgage loan process. This includes managing procedures at a high level to ensure that we are operating at maximum efficiencies at all times.
3. Direct and counsel Loan Processing staff with their assigned functions. Measure and assess staff performance relative to adherence with the credit unions established production and performance standards. Address non-performing staff in an efficient and effective manner.
4. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
5. Maintain a thorough understanding of the credit union's credit culture and a current working knowledge of all mortgage products, policies and procedures.
6. Communicate strategies that are focused on the delivery of key business goals. Facilitate formal classroom training, on the job training and provide on-going developmental training through applicable seminars/webinars as well as individual counseling.
7. Investigate and respond to member concerns and complaints in a timely manner to ensure compliance with the credit unions policy and procedures for exceptional service.
8. Collaborate with the Home Loans leadership team to identify, research and evaluate opportunities to enhance our operations.
9. Work closely with the business analysts to ensure the timely reporting of lending production, pipeline management, statistics, trends and rate management to Senior Management.
10. Assist in managing vendor relationships. Perform periodic testing of existing and new vendor applications, databases and systems to ensure that they are performing within standards.
11. Serve as the acting manager when business-line managers are unavailable. Recommend/make decisions for business continuity.
12. Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills are required for operations training and development, preparing and presenting reports, and general daily communication with management, staff, and vendors.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: Home Loans staff, Management, Executive Group, Audit, Credit Risk, Loss Mitigation, Quality Control, Loan Servicing, Loss Prevention, Contact Center and Branch staff.
2. EXTERNAL: Members, external auditors, title companies, appraisal companies, mortgage insurance companies, other service providers, governmental agencies, investors, and real estate agents.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in business administration/management, or equivalent work experience.
2. EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years processing mortgage loans for a financial institution or similar experience, and at least three years of management experience is required.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making abilities
- High level of member service
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and Golden 1 policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Secondary market guidelines
- Oral, written and presentation skills must be well developed
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Team player with supervisory and training skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to apply sound judgment while rendering decisions in a time-sensitive, production-driven environment is required
- Knowledge of automated systems
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required
2. Corrected vision within the normal range
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Ability to lift 15 lbs. as may be required
5. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
6. Minimal local and statewide travel by car or public conveyance
7. Unusually long work hours may be required to accomplish tasks