Supervisor, Member Care
Assists the Member Care Manager in all aspects of department operations to ensure maximum efficiency of Member Care collection, functions, and operations.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Monitor and supervise specialty areas functions and employees. This includes Bankruptcy, Repossessions, Legal and Foreclosure activity to ensure compliance with regulations and Credit Union procedures.
2. Oversees department scheduling and daily department operations.
3. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
4. Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
5. Assist Management in preparing monthly reports and month end statistics for Senior Management on the Collection Department's progress.
6. Correspondence requiring management/supervisory signatures. This includes Revision Agreements, Zero Interest Loans remitted to Credit Committee for final decision, and member complaint letters.
7. Review and authorize settlement offers from members, attorneys and collection agencies.
8. Represent Golden 1 during legal proceedings.
9. Communicate with Data Systems Division staff and equipment vendors to ensure maximum operational effectiveness.
10. Identify, investigate and respond to member concerns.
11. Responsible for validation of system updates.
12. Review and remit department bills from vendors and attorneys.
13. Approve attorney referral accounts for civil action.
14. Responsible for employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, training new employees, as well as, ongoing training of established employees.
15. Maintain an active role in process improvements within the Member Care Department (paperless, and technology improvements).
16. Monitor employee's compliance standings.
17. Monitor Member Care Rep functions of the department.
18. Review, analyze, and offer instruction necessary to resolve delinquency on Loan and Visa accounts.
19. Manage the auto dialer process and relationship.
20. Oversee the collection agencies for recovering Golden 1 charge off money and assets.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to train and evaluate staff and to perform constructive follow-up on member concerns and collection activities.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: Centralized Lending, Records Management, Electronic Services, Member Service and Branch staff
2. EXTERNAL: Members, legal counsel, repossession firms, peers in financial institutions, law enforcement agencies, judicial departments, and credit reporting agencies.
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Two years in a supervisory capacity within a financial institution overseeing collection activities is desired.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: Credit Union and collection rules, regulations, and policy, verbal and written communication skills, member relations skills, personal computer, electronic banking equipment, and sound knowledge of the methods and principles of business administration.
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
5. Minimal local travel to attend court appearances by car or public conveyance.