Deposit Account Servicing Technician II
Perform multiple job functions within the Department and provide exceptional member service. Communicate professionally with members, Golden 1 staff, attorneys, government agencies, and other outside agencies. Prepare legal documents and respond to member requests. Perform account maintenance processes.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare and process levies, garnishments, district attorney letters and immigration letters. Maintain current working knowledge of all applicable regulatory legal codes, statutes and rules.
2. Process and audit non-resident alien accounts.
3. Process and audit foreign account report.
4. Process and maintain zero balance accounts, proxies, safe deposit boxes and Privacy Opt Out notices.
5. Research and process dormant and escheatable requests. Process verification of deposit and member rating requests.
6. Obtain photocopies from various systems for members.
7. Post required fees to member accounts and maintain account maintenance.
8. Audit various operational reports to ensure proper procedural compliance, accuracy and authenticity.
9. Maintain thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to all specialty accounts.
10. Work with various entities and credit union staff to ensure proper handling of Trust and Deceased Accounts according to guidelines set by the credit union and probate codes. Process, audit and maintain accurate documentation for scanning into the data base for archival storage.
11. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to civil codes pertaining to subpoenas.
12. Perform research and pull all documents required by the subpoena. Make copies for credit union records and bind subpoenas according to regulations, which include processing by mail or pick up. Maintain accurate documentation and log records into the data base for archival storage.
13. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
14. Assume other responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
15. Create and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
16. Actively support company goals and initiatives.
17. Assist Supervisor and manager with department projects as needed.
18. Gather and prepare Daily Teller work for balancing.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to prepare legal documents and reports.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management.
2. EXTERNAL: Members, government agencies, other outside agencies, law enforcement, attorneys, and public administrators.
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: One year or more experience at a financial institution or similar experience in a related position.
a. Good oral and written communication skills
b. Professional member relations skills & telephone etiquette
c. Personal computer skills
d. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
5. Must be able to work for long periods without being a safety or health risk to self or others.
6. Heavy telephone contact with members, beneficiaries, attorneys, insurance carriers and government agencies, etc.