Item Processing Tech II
Provide members and branch/department personnel a high level of service in an efficient and courteous manner. Communicate and interact with members and branch/department personnel to provide assistance on department related processes to ensure credit union strategic goals are met. Perform a wide variety of tasks such as, ATM deposits, Mobile banking, loan and Visa payments, CheckFree/Metavante and/or remittance and transit processing within assigned limits, maintain accurate records and balance each day's transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist with processing and balancing mailed in deposits and payments
2. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
3. Process and balance CheckFree/Medavante exceptions. Complete and send all corrections within established timelines.
4. Research and respond to member/other department and branch inquiries.
5. Complete in depth research relating to outages, member complaints, and other urgent department requests.
6. Assist the GL Reconciler in locating general ledger outages.
7. Prepare and maintain department statistics and reports.
8. Interact with members and other departments on the phone using good member service skills.
9. Assist with special projects assigned by management.
10. Assist with validation of system upgrades.
11. Any related duties assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: Branches, Contact Center, other departments
2. EXTERNAL: Vendors, Members
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: One year or more experience at a financial institution preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional member relations skills & telephone etiquette
- Personal computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.