Member Care Mortgage Servicing Analyst III
The Member Care Mortgage Servicing Analyst is responsible for implementing and testing controls to ensure that internal and vendor processes are compliant with regulations and working as intended. This position will be responsible to identify when controls may be necessary to reduce inherent regulatory and operational risks based upon probability and impact of breakage. The Member Care Mortgage Servicing Analyst will also identify and interpret regulatory requirements; Provide monthly reports to management to summarize test findings and potential negative impacts to members; Recommend process improvements and track progress to ensure that gaps are remediated; Update test scripts to reflect regulatory changes that impact Member Care.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Review processes and identify areas of inherent risk based on probability and impact of breakage.
2. Assist with the design and implementation of controls to effectively monitor and minimize inherent risk to the department and credit union.
3. Develop and conduct tests scripts on internal, vendor and mortgage subservicing processes and provide analytical results on findings.
4. Identify and interpret regulatory requirements; recommend and implement changes to test scripts as needed based on regulatory changes and mandates.
5. Make recommendations for processes improvements as needed.
6. Apply knowledge in all servicing areas such as: collections, mortgage servicing, loss mitigation, foreclosures, repossessions, bankruptcies, litigation and loan administration.
7. Provide monthly reports to management to summarize test findings and potential negative impacts to members.
8. Develop tracking mechanisms for gaps and remediation activities and provide reporting on remediation progress.
9. Maintain awareness of industry trends and current technologies in behavior and other scoring tools.
10. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union servicing compliance including SCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, BSA, RESPA, Collections, Bankruptcy Loss Mitigation, Foreclosure, Escrow, Lender Place Insurance, laws appropriate to the position.
11. Assist Manager/Supervisor with special tasks or projects as needed.
12. Support department goals by meeting performance standards in all areas of the collection process.
13. Monitor vendor invoices for inconsistencies and trends.
14. Assist in overseeing the department during manager, or supervisor absence.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management.
2. EXTERNAL: Members, vendors, and peers in financial institutions.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum five (5) years' experience with various areas of servicing including Mortgage, HELOC's, Equity products, Bankruptcy, Legal Settlements, loss mitigation, or related field (i.e. underwriting, credit etc.) with banks, savings and loans, credit unions or other finance companies.
3. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:Advanced knowledge of consumer loans underwriting, operations, and administration processes. Effective oral and written communication skills required to make presentations and discuss servicing risk issues and systems information and operations. Must be able to manage time effectively, Strong research, investigative, attention to details, and analytical skills and make sound business decision, and interpersonal skills. Advance knowledge of software applications as mentioned above, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point. Intermediate skill in SQL queries is desirable.
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
5. Long work hours may be required to accomplish tasks, including nights and weekends.